Wednesday 1 September 2010

아저씨



I went to the movies by myself today to take my mind off the fact that my finger feels like it might spontaneously combust.

I watched 아저씨 (word for "older Man" or mister) starring 원빈 (Won Bin). I never was a 원빈 fan as a teen because he was such a pretty boy in his young 20's. Damn boy is all grown up now.
After seeing him play a mentally deficient person in Mother and now this, I am a big Won Bin fan.

The movie is about an ex-gangster whose little girl neighbor gets kidnapped by a gang. Pursuit ensues. The movie has amazing fight scenes (hand to hand combat because that is how Koreans roll). Once he obtains a gun (finally! thinks the American) halfway through the movie, it is ON.

It is so satisfying. The movie has been #1 here for the past 3 weeks and I highly recommend it.

I definitely saw the guy sitting next to me (also a loner) wipe away a few tears at the end. I almost laughed in his face.

In the 90's, way too pretty

Won Bin now


Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment