Sunday 23 May 2010

I have arrived!

Wednesday May 19, 2010

After about a year of dreaming and 6 months of finding a job/planning, I have finally arrived in Korea. This blog is an internet diary for myself as well as a tool for me to stay in touch with my dear friends back in New York.

The thing I was most looking forward to in Korea is being able to get Korean meals delivered to my door. Yes, I am from NYC and I live with the convenience of getting anything from groceries to liquor delivered on demand (and in the case of Samantha from SATC, condoms if I wished). However, Korean food is not immediately attainable unless you live in the vicinity of KTown. And really who wants to live in midtown, Korean food and all?

Ergo, for my first meal after 23 hours of travel and jetlag was jjajjangmyun delivered to my door along with one of my favorite simple pleasures in life: Chinese buns. Ok so fine, jjajjang myun isn't technically Korean food but rather Korean-style chinese food but close enough for the first meal.

I gotta say, it was pretty damn good. I am so going to get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment