Sunday 23 May 2010

Techie Nation

Thursday May 20

Korea is a country with lightening fast internet speed wherever you go. The first time I downloaded a winzip file of 150 photos sent to me, I did a double take. In the states I would be watching the status bar switch from 43-44% completed with my eyes rolling to the back of my head.

The best part is of being a techie country is that the subway system takes 3 forms of payment called T money: credit card, T-Money Card (metrocard basically), little plastic thingamagigs. T Money can be used not only on buses and subways but taxis as well. Imagine using your Metrocard for cab fare! Yes, I know we can use debit/credit on cabs but this was installed very recently in NY (2-3 years ago?) I can't recall.

Anyways, the Hello Kitty attached to my cell phone is my subway pass. My friend Jess (who BTW owns a Hello Kitty toaster) is out there somewhere dro0ling all oogley eyed.


P.S. this is Jess' toaster, no joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment