Monday 9 August 2010

Korean TV

So I actually have not sat down and watched Korean TV until yesterday. So I got locked out of my bedroom, I tried to pick it with a bobby pin, tried a lotte points card, nothing. Where is a metrocard when you need one? I always feel those are perfect for carding doors, at least NYU dorm rooms.

So my roommate was on the way back from the country and I had to wait 2 hours before she got home. My only way of entertaining myself was TV.

I watched Music Bank which is a countdown show with all live acts (so took me back to middle school when I used to make my mom bring home VHSs of music bank from the Korean video store). Some thoughts:
Se7en is amazing and beautiful live
BoA annoys me, in fact all the girl acts annoy me somewhat
DJ Doc is sooo old and that one chubby guy is now legit fat. DJ DOC is still really good though I gotta say.

I also watched the Korean version of American Idol (Superstar) which was amazing. Kelly Clarkson was a guest judge. She looked confused throughout the whole thing. It was further proof that there are crazy, delusional people all over the world.

Then I watched a show called Hot Brothers which was really funny besides this one disturbing segment. So the cast are all comedians and singers. They have 2 celebrities go on blind dates with normal people but the celebrities are just avatars for other celebrities who 'control' their doings and sayings through a hidden mic. So needless to say the controller celebrities make the avatars do some ridiculous stuff and hilarity ensues.

This one segment though, was sooooo ridiculously racist I was amazed. They have this part where they make celebrities do uncomfortable things (like kiss scenes for a fake movie because kissing is a big deal here I guess?) and then monitor their heart rate. They made this guy put on a black person's hair wig, put on black face and eat a crap load of watermelon for a watermelon commercial. I was like what????? Ugh Koreans are not even aware of how racist this is. I found a picture of him sans watermelon. So ridic.

I am not excusing this segment, I just ask for leniency for my people because they are so homogeneous and unaware.


Anyway, it's offensive.

So my roommate couldn't find the bedroom keys. The locksmith came. He opened my door. He leaves. 10 minutes later, my roomate gets locked out of HER bedroom and the same guy comes back and makes killing off of our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment