Wednesday 30 June 2010

More Gems from my 12 Year Old

Me: Give me an example of someone or something that is gaudy (our classroom definition was showy or colorful)
JY: A flamingo

JY: Teacher, have you gotten any plastic surgery?
Me: No
JY: Maybe you should

Upon seeing my outfit
JY: Teacher, what is your look today?!?

JY: Teacher, did you go to church yesterday?
Me: No, I told you I don't go to church
JY: But I told you to go to church, God told me to tell you to go to Church.*

I love her (besides the whole 'trying to convert me every Monday afternoon') and I love teaching more than I thought I would. It makes me sad that I would never pursue it as an actual career due to the lack of money.

*I am much more tolerant of people getting preachy on me when it comes from a 12 year old. I remember when I believed when I was younger, life was so innocent back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment