Friday 4 June 2010

What I miss..

Don't get me wrong. I am loving Korea a lot more than I thought I would and I have met some really cool people here. There are also a ton of things I like about Seoul over NYC:
-the immaculate subways
-the abundance of happy children and the way all adults dote over them (regardless of if it's your kid or not)
-the formalities of uber long ways of saying hello and thank you
-the smoking in bars/restaurants

There are so many others. However, after being away from the city for awhile now, there are things I am starting to miss:
-pasta salads at picnics in various city parks (especially my friend Catherine's mom's pasta salad)
-Shake Shack
-weekends on the island going to the beach
-Frying Pan Thursday nights and their garlic fries
-the occasional 230 Fifth evenings
-dinners at Cloister Cafe with Peter ignoring the fact that the food isn't that good just to enjoy the atmosphere
-outdoor brunches
-Bryant Park movie nights cuddling with friends, wine, and cheese

I guess I am having a good life experience and the aforementioned things must wait until next summer...


1 comment:

  1. Love the shout out Lia and your blog!!! Miss you xoxo Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete