Saturday 24 July 2010

This Hotteok made my trip worthwhile

I had the best hotteok of my life the other day.

Hotteok is a rice pancake filled with melted brown sugar and sometimes peanuts and/or sesame seeds. This one had sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.

This hotteok alone made my trip to Korea worthwhile. If one day I get a private plane, I will be eco unfriendly and fly to Korea once a week for this.

This is from the Hyundai Department Store in Coex Mall. I know it is odd but the Hyundai department store has an amazing cafeteria if you want a crash course in Korean cuisine. They have stations for every Korean food that is cheap and decent. The Hotteok on the other hand is exceptional. The lady is located near the Japanese eating places with bar style seating and sort of near the wine section.

If you get one, it is served in a cup because it is very hot. I resisted getting 3, now I regret it.

So crispy on the outside.

Mmm yummy chewy rice cake...

Gooey brown sugar oozing out....

No comments:

Post a Comment