Saturday 30 October 2010

Currently Reading: Zeitoun


So far it is really good.

The Times said:
“Imagine Charles Dickens, his sentimentality in check but his journalistic eyes wide open, roaming New Orleans after it was buried by Hurricane Katrina.... Eggers’s tone is pitch-perfect—suspense blended with just enough information to stoke reader outrage and what is likely to be a typical response: How could this happen in America?... It’s the stuff of great narrative nonfiction.... Fifty years from now, when people want to know what happened to this once-great city during a shameful episode of our history, they will still be talking about a family named Zeitoun.”

I will finish this by tomorrow so I will let you know the final word.

I gotta say as much as living in Brooklyn was inferior to Manhattan, I do miss my 45 hour commute to work. I got a solid hour and a half of reading done a day. Now I have to make time to read, sigh.

The Kindle version is only $6 Buy here

No comments:

Post a Comment