Wednesday 27 October 2010

I need Some Inspiration

So I only work 3 hours a day. I came to Korea to find myself, figure out what I want to do in life. Instead of figuring out my life, I find myself sleeping until noon and watching shows on the internet until I need to shower at 3 PM to get ready for work.

I need some inspiration/contemplation in my life and it helps to remind myself with quotes I saved in my diary from various sources, literature, rap music, confucius etc.

Paul Auster:
"The pressure was off, and without any pressure, nothing important can ever be at stake. "

Nawal el Saadawi:
" How is it possible to live? Life is so hard. You must be harder than life. Life is very hard. The only people who really live are those that are harder than life itself."

Shambhala :
-" You can never avoid death. Whatever you do, death occurs. But if you have lived with a sense of reality and with gratitude towards life, then you leave the dignity of your life behind you, so that your relatives, your friends, and your children can appreciate who you were."
-" We prefer to hide in our personal jungles and caves. When we hide from the world in this way we feel secure. We may think that we have quieted our fear but we are actually making ourselves numb with fear. We surround ourselves with our own familiar thoughts so that nothing sharp or painful can touch us. We are so afraid of our own fear that we deaden our hearts."

Oscar Wilde:
"Who, being loved, is poor?"

Jay-Z:
-"Life is for living not for living uptight."
-"We don't just shine, we illuminate the whole show."

Anton Chekhov:
"The lieutenant draws his plans and you sit in the kitchen all day longing for your homeland. Plans....it's a man's life that counts, not plans. Life can't be repeated, it must be cherished."

Confucius (says):
-"Great man is accommodating but not one with the crowd"
-"Great man neither worries or fears."

Weird Swiss Movie:
"I put up a facade and go about my day, but underneath it all I am crying. I cry because I can never be what I once was."

Coco Chanel:
-"There are people who have money and people who are rich."
-"There is time for work and time for love. That leaves no other time."

Hemingway from A Moveable Feast:
"We'll come home and eat here and we'll have a lovely meal and drink Beaune from the co-operative you can see right out of the window...and afterwards we'll read and then go to bed and make love."
"And we'll never love anyone but eachother."
"No. Never""

No comments:

Post a Comment