Monday 24 January 2011

4 More Days of my Hell Class

I have a hell class right now. It is teaching SSAT test taking skills to 2 13 years who SUCK AT ENGLISH.

For an analogies question, I kid you not, this is one of the questions they couldn't get:

Student is to School
a) beef is to cow
b) book is to library
c) jar is to glass
d) pain is to sane
e) girl is to women

I point out that the sentence should be "There are students IN A school." They couldn't get that the answer is book and library.

So like I understand if they haven't studied in America and that is why their english sucks, but no they have studied in America.

So then I think to myself to try to justify their idoiocy in my mind, well they're trying to take a test in a foreign language and that is hard. And then I think well I sucked in French in HS, what if I tried to take a weird French entrance exam.

But you know what? My french sucked but if the answer was 'livre and biblioteque,' um, best believe I would know that.

And not only are these kids dumb as rocks but they also have no personalities. They just suck and I hate them and I only have 3 more hell classes. It's unfortunate I had to end on such a sour note because all my other students were amazing and such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment