Thursday 13 January 2011

Army Base Stew

I had a wicked hangover Sunday and finally decided to get budae jjigae. I have never had budae jjigae in my life but I knew it would be the perfect hangover cure because basically all disgusting unhealthy food are good hangover cures.

Budae Jjigae is a dish that started after the Korean War when we were mad ghetto. They would throw whatever scraps from leftover canned army food and throw it into this stew.

My stew had the following:
cheese
baked beans
spam
ham
bacon
ground pork
pepperoni
sausages
ramen noodles
and of course kimchi for that Korean flavor

They add a white beef soup to the goodness and boil away.

It was everything I wished for and more. I am making this at home but adding vienna sausages. I secretly love vienna sausages. I am Korean, artifical meat is in my DNA.

**The photo is not accurate, there are no greens in this stew. Those greens are garnish for photo purposes only.

1 comment:

  1. so do you love it? has it become your new cheese ramyun?

    ReplyDelete