Tuesday 11 January 2011

Lil Wayne


So fb knows I'm a little wayne fan and this question popped up on my feed:

"Can someone explain to me how Lil Wayne is considered a great artist?
He doesn't stay on topic, has no classics, did an alternative rap album(Rebirth) Lollipop & Bedrock were very bad songs..."

My personal thoughts:
Since when do rappers ever stay on topic really? and seriously you are judging him by Lollipop and Bedrock? Everyone knows his best songs are on unofficial mixtapes. Clearly this guy has never heard "Ride 4 My niggas" on Da Drought 3, "Bandana on the Right Side" from the Dwayne Michael Carter Diaries, "Cannon" from Dedication 2, and "Duffle Bag Boy" from The Best Rapper Alive Vol. 3.

After many may commenters listing the virtues of Lil Wayne, I see this gem:
"Whilst I agree with most everything the others have said above, mainly landon, I must add to the fact that the individual who posed this question just clearly doesn't know a thing about music... Making this thread irrelevant. Would you want to share personal feelings of a painting with a blind person? I didn't think so."

No comments:

Post a Comment