Thursday 17 February 2011

Doing Taxes is an Emotional Rollercoaster

I did my taxes today and its just a rollercoaster of emotions.

It's a constant reminder of what I don't have at 27 years old.

No, I don't have a home.
No, I don't own a car.
No, I did not give significant money to charity.
No I did not put energy saving panels on my imaginary home.
No, I did not contribute money to a Roth IRA.
And I just told you that I made only $13,000 last year so do you really have to ask me if I own a plane or a boat? Like really Turbo Tax.
Yes, I am still single, but now I have a BF, if there a slot to say I have a BF?
Yes, my parents are paying ridiculous interest on my student loan because I insisted on going to NYU.

It's just so depressing.

On the other hand at the end, the government feels bad for me because of the fact I made $13 grand last year and I am living 'under the poverty level' so thanks for the couple grand you throwing my way.

I will surely need it when I am unemployed in NYC for the next couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. my answers are the same as yours, except the boyfriend part -- at least you have a "but"

    (:

    hope youre enjoying your time left in korea!
    the weather's getting a bit warmer in nyc and it's ridiculsouly nice out today
    --monica

    ReplyDelete