Monday 14 February 2011

Gel Manicure

I stumbled into a nail salon today since my regular nail salon was closed.

I'm so happy I did because this new nail salon only did gel manicures. I am so hooked, they are amazing. A regular manicure will never feel like pampering again.

Maybe you have heard of this, I have never but apparently there are a few places in NYC that do this now. Sadly, all the ones in Manhattan do it for a ridiculous price (around $70), I did find a place in Williamsburg that does it before $40 which I will def be checking out.

A gel manicure uses a special gel polish.

The benefits of gel manicure:
-there is no drying time (you put your hand under a UV light right after a nail gets painted so that by the time she is done your nails are rock hard, ready to go)
-It is virtually chip proof, can last 2-4 weeks without chipping
-Will not come off with nail polish remover (you need to go to the place that does gel manicures to take it off)
-It gives your nails an amazing hardness like acrylics without the fake look.

I highly, highly recommend getting this before a special event, a long vacation, busy months when you don't have time to go to a nail salon 3 times.

Also, yes my nails are now sparkly pink. In NY I wore 2 colors from 2008-2010: OPI Black Onyx and Russian Navy. Black or dark blue. That is it. Now, my nails are sparkly pink like a 6 year old. And yes, that is my pale pink bedspread. Ugh, I have lost all my NY fierceness.

thick nails:

No comments:

Post a Comment