Monday 21 February 2011

Living in a Country that is Not Litigation Crazy

So Korea has shoe repair huts everywhere. Which is kind of amazing because Americans just buy new shoes generally. So I dropped off 3 pairs of shoes today to get patched up (lots of dancing at the club=horribly worn shoes) and the guy goes 'come back in 2 hours.'

I panick in my American wired brain, what no ticket? What if someone takes my shoes by accident? What if he tries to take my shoes and give them to his daughter? What if he loses a shoe in between now and 2 hours?! Nooo ticket?!

This also happens to me whenever I go to the dry cleaners, they give u a ticket, but the ticket doesn't say how many items or what you dropped off.

It makes me panick but on the other hand it's kind of nice and refreshing to live in a country where things aren't predicated on the fear of being sued or needing to avoid liability. I just sort of trust the guy that he won't mess it up and he trusts that I won't accuse him of losing my shit. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment