Sunday 13 February 2011

Valentine's Day

V Day is not one of those holidays I truly miss being out of the country along with Christmas. Christmas because tourists seem to think Christmastime in NYC is the best, which maybe true unless you are an actual New Yorker and know that this time brings an influx of annoying tourists standing in the middle of the sidewalk. Bah humbug.

Valentine's day sucks because of the cheesiness of otherwise fine restaurants, people wearing red (my least favorite color, further proof I am not Chinese), all that love crap, etc etc.

But because I love post secret. Here is their valentine's secret video.

My favorite is:

Be Mine.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.



Also the NYTimes had a great article about how some couples opt out of the whole gift giving thing on Valentines day. It featured a couple who has been married for 70 years!! Sooo cute, I can't even fathom.

I remember a few years ago I gave Peter hell for giving me one rose, not the required dozen, on Valentine's day after I had actually cooked a 3 course meal for him. On the other hand, Peter often gives me gifts on random days because he is a sweet, sweet man. So what's Valentine's Day, nothing really.

2 comments:

  1. first single vday in a while and i'm actually happy about it. such a nonholiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love post secret too. he lives pretty close to my house in maryland. best friend used to live on the same street!

    ReplyDelete