Thursday 11 November 2010

Happy Pepero Day


11/11 is Pepero day. It is on 11/11 because 11/11 looks like 4 sticks of Pepero. It is sort of like Valentine's Day.

Pepero is Korean Pocky.

Yesterday my student gave me Pepero and was carrying 40 boxes of Pepero to give to her classmates. I said "Why are you giving all your classmates Pepero, whats the occasion?"

"Because I am the new girl in class"

"You started your new school 2 months ago."

"Just because."

Then on the way home I noticed stores with huge Pepero displays outside and find out that it is Pepero Day.

I really need to teach my girl how to answer a question properly and with a purpose. She is getting endless shit from me today.

I like Pepero day because it is not coy about the blatant product placement. Easter should be called Peeps day. Valentine's Day should be called Godiva chocolate day. Christmas should just be called Unabandoned Consumerism Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment