Wednesday 10 November 2010

Karoake


Or as Koreans call it Nore Band (Sing/Song Room)

I have sang karoake once in my life and that was my 25th birthday because I decided people can't complain about my horrific singing on that day. I have been to karoake many times, but I dance. No singing for me thanks.

Living in Korea, I have sang karoake a few times but only with my boyfriend because he is the only one who wouldn't banish me for life after hearing me try to hit a note.

Songs I am amazing at in karoake:
Hey Ma -Camron (apparently I can do this without looking at the screen, I never knew I had it in me)
Zombie -The Cranberries
Life Goes On -Tupac

Songs I am horrible at:
Surprisingly every Jay Z song (I always thought I knew more words)
Smooth Operator -Sade
This is a Man's World -James Brown (seriously one of the hardest songs to sing ever, try it I dare you)

Also, PS why are people bad at singing called tone deaf? It is insulting. I know perfectly well I am not hitting the intended key, I just can't manipulate my voice to do what I want, sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. note: you are better at singing a tupac song than a jay z song. time to move out west, homie.

    ReplyDelete