Tuesday 9 November 2010

Koreans Don't eat Dogs Contrary to Popular Belief


...but we do eat bugs.

Bundaegi is silkworm larvae.

They are sold on the streets as a snack.

Don't get me wrong, I am not sure if this is going to be a thing that Koreans eat in 100 years being that any Korean I have talked to under the age of 18 has never tried it and thinks it is disgusting. Somehow it doesn't have the same appeal as Korean BBq, call me crazy.

If I must let you in on a secret, I ate these up until I was maybe in 7th grade. My dad would eat them as a drinking snack (they come in a lovely can) and he would give me some. I, being very porky and not picky in culinary matters, would eat what I was handed.

One day, I asked my dad what these nutty snacks were and he told me. I never ate it again after that. I should have known being that they look like insects but I was probably too busy shoveling them down my throat to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment