Thursday 11 November 2010

Top 5 Cuisine in the World

Oh Ok after further research, this is what I found.

Culinary Diplomacy with a Side of Kimchi

The gov't is trying to quadruple the number of Korean restaurants worldwide starting with NYC and enlisted the help of some famous names to promote the cuisine.

"Jean-Georges Vongerichten showed off his one-handed pajeon-flipping abilities. “I’ve been teaching him some sauces and marinades,” said Mr. Vongerichten’s wife, Marja, who is Korean-American. “I think he would do great things with gochujang,” she said, referring to the spicy, fermented paste of ripe red chili peppers that is one of the basic seasonings of the Korean kitchen."

Really, David Chang is the best, free promotion Korean cuisine has.

But I do agree on the efforts to quadruple the number of Korean restaurants. I hope Korean restaurants are more ubiquitous outside of Ktown. Also, why is it still so hard to get a decent bowl of jjajjangmyun in Manhattan. Do I really have to schlep to Flushing? Please don't say Hyo Dong Gak because that place is just OK, not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment