Friday 3 September 2010

Getting paid to blog

So my 12 year old is late to tutoring as per usual. As I wait, I blog. I just made 50 bucks blogging. Finally....getting paid to blog.

I enjoy blogging, if only I had something more main stream appealing to blog about rather than Seoul which applies to only a small market of Korean Americans thinking of moving here or maybe no one? Let's be real I have 7 followers of friends who don't want me to feel bad.

I have tried to think of mainstream appealing things to blog about. I like to eat but that's been done by a million other fatties out there. I love celebrity gossip but then I realize I can never top Michael K of D Listed because he is pure genius. I enjoy fashion but am not fashion foward enough to really have a voice about it. Although Tom and Lorenzo's website slightly bothers me because they liked this look:

They say: "The hair's not right and the Wonder Woman poses aren't helping, but we actually like this dress. It's just striking and weird enough to be eye-catching without being too weird for the red carpet"
I say: "She looks like a tranny linebacker dressing up as a black and white cookie"


Sometimes I get guilty about blogging. How self centered am I to think people care about my experiences and random musings here? But then I get people tell me on FB how fabolous my blog is and how much they love it. How I inspire them to leave NY and move to Seoul. How I generally enhance their lives and give them a reason to get out of bed in the morning. And then I think maybe this isn't a total self serving activity. I am practically Gandhi inspiring the masses.

I also like how it is never my close friends but my acquiantances who keep up with my blog because let's be real, my friends are so over my constant self emoting. It is charming but only for the first month that you know me. So here's to you acquiantances. You guys are so much better than my besties. I will be having a shot of soju for you once my finger heals.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!! I check it everyday, and often laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete