Friday 3 September 2010

Sad Friday

I'm really, really sick. This means I am missing out on my friday nights at homo hill in Itaewon (a hill of gay clubs that play Kpop and Britney in the foreigners neighborhood of Seoul).

I decide, well if I can't go out, then I will at least have a wine and food filled night alone to fill the void. Because what is better than pseudoephedrine and wine? Obviously nothing people, don't be so ridiculous.

I used to be super against drinking while sick. However, my boyfriend has told me multiple times that the best cure for a cold is whisky in a bath and over the years I have become a converter.

Scene: me in an italian wine restaurant alone. After my seafood pasta, salad, and wine I order tiramisu and another wine. I realize I am the last one left at this restaurant when I order my dessert

Me: "When do you close?"
Waiter: "10 PM"
I look at watch it is 9:40, Oh good.
Waiter brings me my dessert and wine: "Oh but please take your time eating, there is no rush at all"
Me: "Thank you so much"
4 minutes later
Waiter, sees me eating at my normal pace: "No, really please don't rush. You don't need to scarf it down"
Me: oh OK (sheepishly)
Takes obligatory 4 minute break from inhaling my crappy tiramisu and guzzling my wine so I won't be judged by the waiter. Checks phone for nonexistent text messages from imaginary Korean friends

Doesn't he realize I am American and we eat like horses?! Don't judge me! Let me live....

No comments:

Post a Comment