Wednesday 1 September 2010

Korean Appliances:1 Lia: 0

So I had my first visit to a Korean hospital today.

I went to move my fan (my ac is broken) and all of a sudden the fan part is bugging out. I think thats odd. Fan just broke randomly.

I then see a pool of blood at my feet. Hmm thats weird, look at my hand and a chunk of my finger is flapping off. Literally a chunk, I could see the inside of my finger. Somehow, my finger and the fan had an impromptu meeting.

I was skyping with Peter at this time and all he hears me say is "BABBEEEEE WHAT DO I DO???" He thinks I've slit my wrists at this point. I kept screaming from the bath room "What do I do????"

I'm bugging out because anyone that knows me know I freak out at the sight of blood, doesn't even have to be my own. You can imagine me at this point.

So this happened right after I woke up. So I went out in public with a baggy and bloodied Obama t shirt, pants that were unzipped and unbuttoned because I couldn't button with one hand, unbrushed teeth, the craziest hair, and a hand wrapped in 10 napkins soaked in blood. I looked like I went on a serial rampage.

Get to the hospital and it turns out Korean hospitals are amazing. I waited 3 minutes in the ER mind you (note that in the US people die waiting for their turn in the ER), they filled out my forms for me because my korean sucks, knew I had insurance from my visa # (no insurance card neccessary) and had me patched up in 45 minutes.

The dr says to me "your fingers are so small, we usually see fan accidents with 5 year olds". Um, thanks doc. I'm from the US where we use central air or ACs, who knew fans could be so deadly? If this happened to Hyemi (my friend with baby hands) she would have lost her entire finger.

I may or may not regain feeling in my finger, cross your fingers for me (pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment