Friday 3 September 2010

NY Mag Look Book

God, I used to love NY Mag's look book. The looks! The New Yorkers! The freshness!

Recently though whenever I see the looks I want to gouge my eyes out and I think why???? Why do these ordinary citizens deserve a page in this book? My friends look better than these assholes...

She works at Madewell. Understood now. I also hate on Madewell, its like a mass produced hipster store owned by....J Crew. Those two do not go together, although I am not going to lie. I like their scarves. The scarf above with that striped shirt though? Never.


The header for this one said "People will comment when I’m walking down the street, 'You look like an idiot.'” Maybe not an idiot but just like you are trying way, way too hard. At least he is self aware.

"Women can get away with wearing shorts to work, but men can’t. I have an issue with that." he says. Men can't for a reason honey, that reason is they will end up looking like a hot mismatched mess i.e. above.


I had to go back to April 2009 to find a look that I liked. This guy on the other hand is fierce with a capital F.

Perhaps it is not NYMag so much as the state of fashion in general these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment