Sunday 12 September 2010

Nonhyeon Samgyetang

I always blog about the good food but not the bad food I eat here.

Just so you know that this place isn't worth going to, nonhyeon samgyetang. They specialize in a clear broth samgyetang (stuffed cornish hen with glutinous rice) and I have read some people say they prefer the clear broth.

To me, the clear broth lacked that ginseng flavor that I find essential for a good samgyetang. The kimchi and squid banchans (side dishes) were good but I give the chicken 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Radish Kimchi sooo good:


Squid banchan (one of my favorite banchans):

Notice how clear the broth is here:


It was meh but chicken still didn't stand a chance:


If they have 6 locations in Seoul, my grandfather should open up a samgyetang spot and it would do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment