Friday 3 December 2010

Slut Gene

So Gawker did a post about this "slutty" gene or DRD4 gene.

http://gawker.com/5704020/do-you-have-the-slutty-gene?skyline=true&s=i

They blow it out of proportion because they say it's linked to uncommitted sex. It is actually 'the thrill seeker' gene and people with this gene love horror movies, like to gamble, and are politically liberal.

Is this really science? So I like horror movies and I am liberal so by default I am predisposed to be a slutty gambler? I am confused by this.

Wiki says it is linked to "schizophrenia, Parkinsons disease, bipolar disorder, addictive behaviors including sex addiction, and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating. It has also been linked with novelty seeking and political ideology."

I guess my liberal friends are kind of slutty :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment