Monday 6 December 2010

Hometown on Fb

I want to change my hometown to Brooklyn, NY on Fb. I have an issue with this.

I hate hate hate when people put NY, NY as their hometown when they lived in the city for IDK 3 years?
If you grew up on LI/NJ for 18 years and lived in the city after graduating college, I'm sorry NY, NY is not your hometown.

I've lived in Manhattan for 6 years and Brooklyn for 2 and I still feel it's presumptuous to change my hometown to NY, NY.

After living in Seoul though and also being that my folks moved to Cali and I no longer have any ties to LI, I do feel like Brooklyn is my home. I also know that I will probably live in Brooklyn for the next, at least, 6 years.

Still, I can't bring myself to change my hometown because I hate on everyone who does. I suppose I just need to wait to change my current city.

No comments:

Post a Comment