Tuesday 28 December 2010

Reason #672 why NYMag is my Bible


I saw their post for the top 38 best soups in the city. I clicked thinking if Gahm Mi Oak is not on this list, this list is bullshit.

Lo and behold #38 is the sulleongtang.

Again, I still have not had one in Seoul better than this. The only one that came close was a restaurant near Cheongyecheon stream. Still, I preferred Gahm Mi Oak's.

If you like kimchi, you need to go here. If you don't like kimchi, you need to go here to try as the benchmark of kimchi. It's the kimchi that all kimchis should aspire to be. If you still dislike their kimchi, then yes, it's official, you will never like kimchi.

They had 2 Korean soups on this list. They also listed the Samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup) at Arirang in Flushing as #13. The photo they put looks all sorts of wrong to me. I just feel like samgyetang is never as good with the clear broth, it should be more milky and rich. My grandpa's looks better.

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2010/12/soups.html#photo=38x74130

No comments:

Post a Comment