Thursday 2 December 2010

Poop Cakes


I love the Poop Cakes at Insadong.

So ok these Poop cakes are a play on a common snack here called Boonguhbang (fish cakes). Fish cake is also a misnomer. It is a sweet pastry outside with sweet red bean on the inside shaped like a fish. The ones in Insadong are shaped like poop. Is it weird that I think this is cute?

I actually don't find Boonguhbang as much as I thought I would here which makes me sad. My roommate says that the current President has been cracking down on street vendors which sucks. I am not sure if this is true because I do see chestnuts, roasted corn, egg breads, and other goodies a lot. Just not the fish cakes :-(

1 comment:

  1. they usually sell it during the winter. hopefully you'll come across a grip of stands over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete