Friday 10 December 2010

Language Exchange

So I signed up for a language exchange website to learn Korean from a native. I might continue to do this in NYC when I get back.
It's a great website called www.conversationexchange.com.

OK one weird thing is I get this response from a man.

"it's so Freezing, today in the morning! 너무 추워서 얼어 죽겠어요 >,i hope you wrap your body with a lot of thick clothes!"

At first my initial reaction was to delete immediately because what a creepy thing to say. But then I thought about it and I guess his English just sucks, Koreans commonly say things to eachother like:
eat well or a lot
live healthily
study hard
dress warmly

So I am hoping "I hope you wrap your body with a lot of thick clothes" is his way of saying dress warmly?

1 comment:

  1. it totally makes sense when you say it in korean. but if he's a creep, you're from new york, and i know you can handle it.

    ReplyDelete