Friday 24 December 2010

When Did This Happen??

Eventually, the day comes when you wake up, look in the mirror and realize in horror that there is a permanent line on your face. This happened to me a few weeks ago. I have 2.

I have smile lines. I am 26 and I am cracking like dry leather. I look at my old FB pictures to try to pinpoint when this started happening exactly. I still have no clue.

I shouldn't have ever smoked cigarettes. I should never have been such a happy person (whyyyy do we get punished for being smiley?). I should have sunscreened more.

My mom aged great, then again I have a much worse lifestyle than she ever did. I have seen my mother get drunk once, it was off a half of glasss of wine and she drank it only because we were in Paris. Other than that my mother has never drank a drop in my presence. Although, she did confess to me that when she was pregnant with me she got really, really drunk once after getting into a fight with my father. Thanks mom, you made me predisposed to love the taste of the sweet nectar.

You hear everyday that smoking and drinking ages you, but when you are young you feel immortal. It doesn't sink in. Until you see women older than you who don't drink as much and look 3 years younger.

Eff it, I am totally getting botox next year.

1 comment:

  1. yo my mom can't stop pointing out my eye wrinkles whenever i smile/laugh. it stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete